Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor's degree from accreditied university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned
- Candidate must be bi-lingual
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accomodations for differences in individual student differences.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, collegues, and community members.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
This describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.