At Hilmar Cheese Company we improve lives around the world. Committed to innovation and sustainability, Hilmar Cheese Company, and our division, Hilmar Ingredients, serves customers in more than 50 countries. State-of-the art production facilities in California and Texas convert an abundance of high-quality milk into a variety of nutritious cheeses, whey protein and lactose.
A Typical Day
The HR Manager is a critical partner to managers and employees in the delivery of business results through actions that are in line with the Company mission, vision, and values. The HR Manager collaborates with department heads and managers to establish, lead, and coordinate efforts which positively impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of talent as well as maintain the company’s desired culture and work environment.
• Provide HR leadership to manufacturing site through establishing strong and effective working relationships with internal and external customers to promote and support positive employee relations, company culture and employee engagement efforts.
• Develop and lead execution of HR initiatives and programs that support company, business and department strategic objectives. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department/organization.
• Partner with business leaders on workforce planning, succession planning, performance management, and talent pipeline programs for internal customers.
• Deliver comprehensive employee relations support utilizing consulting, coaching, counseling, and influencing skills, ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
• Assist employees and managers by handling HR related questions, interpreting and explaining HR policies, and helping resolve employee relations issues as needed
• Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and develop solutions, programs and policies that improve performance, retention, and employee experience
• Work with business groups to assess, create and implement innovative solutions for a variety of employee engagement initiatives within client group
• Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Participate in recruiting efforts such as College Recruitment, Job Fairs, Internships, etc.
• Manage responses for state unemployment claims and information related to employee dismissal process
• Promote Company Culture
• Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all departments... More >><< Less