The administrative assistant supports the department of rehabilitation services by answering phones, taking messages, greeting patients/clients, managing schedules, managing insurance verification/authorization, maintaining a clean and organized department/clinic for efficient operations, and other diverse duties as requested or required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Answer phones and take accurate messages in a professional manner.
• Greet all patients/clients, family, caregivers and/or visitors to the department/clinic in a friendly manner.
• Handle and respond to all therapy referrals in a timely manner, acquiring all necessary information. Develop effective rapport with referring healthcare practitioners.
• Conduct initial registration of patients/clients to include interviews with the patient/client, family, and/or caregiver to obtain all required information.
• Assist patients/clients, family, and/or caregiver with completion of all necessary paperwork to include, but not limited to, intake forms, medical history, medications, and insurance.
• Prepare necessary documentation including insurance benefits, insurance verification/authorization, reports/logs, and order forms, etc. in a timely manner according to federal, state and facility-specific rules and regulations.
• Consult with members of the rehabilitation team to help maintain appropriate treatment schedules taking into consideration the needs of the therapist, patient/client, family and/or caregiver, as well as tracking/scheduling of supervisory visits. Demonstrate the ability to handle changing schedules of patients/clients.
• Assist therapists with tracking, collecting, and maintaining plan of care certifications and re-certifications according to federal, state and facility-specific rules and regulations.
• Assist with patient/client appointment reminders as necessary.
• Maintain confidentiality of all patient/client protected health information according to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and facility-specific rules and regulations.
• Collect patient/client payment(s) according to facility-specific guidelines and/or direct patients/clients to appropriate accounting staff when necessary. Assist the billing team with insurance claims/denials to secure reimbursement as needed.
• Present a positive service-oriented approach with patients/clients, family, caregivers, facility staff, and co-workers at all times.
• Assist with orientation of new staff, volunteers, and students.
• Assist with equipment maintenance and monitor supply inventory. Help maintain cleanliness of the rehabilitation department/clinic.
• Demonstrate ongoing commitment to reducing costs and improving productivity in the rehabilitation department/clinic.
• Maintain positive working relationships with the healthcare team, patient/client, family, and caregiver.
• Complete RehabVisions and facility reports as required.
• Attend department/clinic meetings and conferences.
• Understand and comply with RehabVisions’ policies and procedures, including but not limited to, universal precautions, safety, risk, and emergency.
Reports To: Rehab Director
Send resume to: email@example.com
Bilingual is a plus
Full Time... More >><< Less